The Illinois Supreme Court late last month agreed to hear arguments in the following seven cases:
- Wayne Michael et al., v. Precision Alliance Group LLC, No. 117376 (Fifth District);
- Illinois State Treasurer, etc., v. The Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission et al., No. 117418 (First District);
- Ferris, Thompson and Zweig, Ltd., v. Anthony Esposito, No. 117443 (Second District);
- Anthony Williams et al., v. BNSF Railway Co., etc., No. 117444 (First District);
- Kalev Leetaru v. The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, etc., et al., No. 117485 (Fourth District);
- People v. Onaffia McFadden, No. 117424 (First District); and
- People v. Edward Burns, No. 117387 (First District).
In a May 28 order
, the court granted petitions for leave to appeal in these seven cases -- five civil and two criminal -- while denying more than 200.
The justices yet have to announce when these cases will be heard, but their October term is expected to take place in Springfield, where renovations to the court's building temporarily relocated arguments to Chicago.
Want to get notified whenever we write about
any of these organizations
Next time we write about
any of these organizations,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
Illinois State Treasurer
301 S 2nd Street
Springfield, IL 62707
Illinois Supreme Court
200 E Capitol Ave
Springfield, IL 62701
2650 Lou Menk Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76131-2830