CHICAGO — A Chicago Heights woman is suing the estate of Tyree Miller Sr., a property owner, for allegedly failing to inspect a defective space heater and provide sufficient fire extinguishers and alarms.

Chong Barnes filed a lawsuit on March 28 in Cook County Circuit Court alleging the property owner failed to properly maintain the premises.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges she sustained serious burns on Oct. 14, 2015, after a space heater caught fire and spread to nearby curtains and blankets. The plaintiff claims an improperly disposed butane lighter caused the fire. She holds the defendant responsible for allegedly failing to ensure the space heater was working properly.

Barnes seeks judgment against the defendant in an amount greater than $50,000. She is represented by Daniel A. Klein of Kurasch & Klein Ltd. in Chicago.

Cook County Circuit Court case number 2017L003139

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Cook County Circuit Court
50 W Washington St
Chicago, IL - 60602

Kurasch and Klein
100 North LaSalle, Suite 2005
Chicago, IL - 60602

More News