People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is suing the Cook County Forest Preserve District in hopes of using the Freedom of Information Act to force the Chicago Zoological Society to turn over documents regarding the deaths of dozens of stingrays at the Brookfield Zoo.
- Judge slices Parmesan cheese lawsuits, says labels pumped purity, but also listed additives
- With Democratic lock on IL government, 'new wave' of regulation, enforcement, litigation 'likely': Attorneys
- Cook Co. judge wrong to quickly toss Quinn's suit over Chicago mayor term limits referendum: Appeals court
- Democrats sweep Cook County judicial elections; Judge Coghlan retention bid rejected
- SCOTUS lets stand Penn high court's takeover of redistricting; Illinois reformers have taken note
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.