People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is suing the Cook County Forest Preserve District in hopes of using the Freedom of Information Act to force the Chicago Zoological Society to turn over documents regarding the deaths of dozens of stingrays at the Brookfield Zoo.
- Worker time clock maker Kronos: 'Mega' class action attempt 'epitome of gamesmanship, disregard for fair process'
- Sterigenics shutdown crimps supply of medical devices, as courts mull next steps, procedural motions
- 'Fair Workweek' laws coming soon to Illinois. Employers should take note
- Appeals panel: IL can deny concealed-carry permits to citizens of states with less stringent monitoring
- Judge: Evanston's 'actions speak louder than words'; Lack of action dooms pollution suit vs Nicor, ComEd
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.