A former outfielder for the New York Yankees, whose career was threatened by a season-ending knee injury after one inning at Chicago's Guaranteed Rate Field, can continue his negligence action against the Chicago White Sox in Cook County court after a Chicago federal judge ruled federal court was not the correct venue to hear the case.
- 'Exercise in revenue collection:' Appeals judges say Chicago can't hold cars over parking tickets if owners in bankruptcy
- Sheriff's deputies disciplined over misconduct charges given new chance to argue Sheriff's discipline board illegal
- IL Supreme Court douses class action vs Walgreens for charging Chicago bottled water tax on more than bottled water
- IL Supreme Court suspends Brodsky; Commission complained he revealed 'confidential' lawsuit funding deal, accused opponent of 'extortion'
- Divided court rules Wood Dale teacher can't split maternity leave over 2 school years; Majority: 'Absurd' results would follow
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.