With the state's financial situation hinging in part on a deal to reform some state worker's compensation rules, Chicago's major pro sports franchises have jumped in, seeking a measure allowing them to stop paying workers comp to athletes at age 35. The teams say it's necessary to change rules that bear no resemblance to the realities of their business, and allow athletes who play for teams in other states with less generous workers comp systems the chance to "forum shop."
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Greenberg Traurig, Arnstein & Lehr others allegedly failed to properly defend company in patent case
- Midway Neurological and Rehabilitation Center, Mobile Intervention and Diagnostic accused over patient death
- Bipartisan groups challenge ban on cell phone auto-calls, say restricts free speech
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.