A jury in suburban DuPage County has awarded the highest verdict Illinois has yet seen as a result of a dog bite incident. After a nine-day trial, jurors awarded plaintiff Kristen Hayes a record $940,000 award for injuries she sustained being bitten by a dog on April 23, 1997, at the age of 8. The case had been brought against Carriage Animal Clinic, whose employee had been walking the dog at the time of the bite.
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Greenberg Traurig, Arnstein & Lehr others allegedly failed to properly defend company in patent case
- Jackie Robinson West parents sue Little League, ESPN, say wrongly accused them of cheating to win 2014 title
- Updated: Judge gives Prenda, Duffy until Feb. 19 to pay sanction, file financial info in defamation case
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.