The makers of the iconic Weber backyard grill may get their chance to prove at trial Sears intentionally aped the Weber design for its own store-brand grills, after a federal judge said there may be more than just smoke to Weber’s infringement claims against the retailer. Palatine-based Weber-Stephen Products, creator of the eponymous Weber Grill, filed suit in federal court in 2013 against Sears, alleging some Kenmore grills infringe on Weber’s trade dress.
- Greenberg Traurig, Arnstein & Lehr others allegedly failed to properly defend company in patent case
- Family alleges Bella Terra Morton Grove did not prevent resident's fall
- Ruling in Wisconsin redistricting lawsuit could provide pathway for reform in Illinois
- Updated: Judge gives Prenda, Duffy until Feb. 19 to pay sanction, file financial info in defamation case
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.