A federal suit against the Lifetime Fitness chain of health clubs recently lost some muscle, when a judge ruled the company may owe fired personal trainers back wages for regular and overtime hours, but it does not owe them pay for unused vacation time. The case began July 7, 2014, when Jared Steger and David Ramsey filed a class-action suit in Cook County Circuit Court against LTF Club Operations Co.
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Bipartisan groups challenge ban on cell phone auto-calls, say restricts free speech
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
- Appeals panel points to legislative privilege in dismissing defamation suit against Lake Forest alderman
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals named in wrongful death lawsuit
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.