Families of victims of a fiery oil-fueled train derailment and explosion that claimed 47 lives in a town on the eastern edge of Canada’s Quebec Province will need to press their wrongful death claims in federal court, after lawyers for Canadian Pacific Railway and other corporate defendants asked to transfer cases from local to federal jurisdiction.
- Greenberg Traurig, Arnstein & Lehr others allegedly failed to properly defend company in patent case
- Family alleges Bella Terra Morton Grove did not prevent resident's fall
- Ruling in Wisconsin redistricting lawsuit could provide pathway for reform in Illinois
- Woman's estate files lawsuit over fatal accident
- Updated: Judge gives Prenda, Duffy until Feb. 19 to pay sanction, file financial info in defamation case
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.