An Illinois group which advocates for the rights of gun owners has taken aim at Cook County’s taxes on the sales of firearms and ammunition, asking the courts to find the county’s taxes to be unconstitutional infringements on the Second Amendment rights of citizens in the county. On Dec. 17, Guns Save Life Inc., a group which purports to include members in Cook County and throughout Illinois, filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court.
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Bipartisan groups challenge ban on cell phone auto-calls, say restricts free speech
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
- Appeals panel points to legislative privilege in dismissing defamation suit against Lake Forest alderman
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals named in wrongful death lawsuit
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.