A state appeals court has ruled state law does not allow pension boards to include special buyout-generated pay bumps at the end of a firefighter’s career to be included in calculating a retiree’s pension.
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Bipartisan groups challenge ban on cell phone auto-calls, say restricts free speech
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
- Appeals panel points to legislative privilege in dismissing defamation suit against Lake Forest alderman
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals named in wrongful death lawsuit
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.