Three big banks will not be on the hook for millions allegedly embezzled by the former bookkeeper for a group of Chicago area medical practices, after a federal judge agreed the banks had no duty to detect and thwart the fraud, which the doctors said cost them more than $14 million.
- Greenberg Traurig, Arnstein & Lehr others allegedly failed to properly defend company in patent case
- Cyclist sues motorist she accuses of injuring her in car crash
- Updated: Judge gives Prenda, Duffy until Feb. 19 to pay sanction, file financial info in defamation case
- Father blames Chicago topless bar for son's death
- Providence Englewood School Corp. accuses city of Chicago of negligence
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.