Two Chicago-based housing assistance organizations have won the right to continue, for now, with a lawsuit against the Cook County Assessor’s office for past property tax assessment practices they claim discriminated against black and Hispanic homeowners, particularly in Chicago.
- Surveys: Class action lawsuits up again in 2018; Settlements down $1B, but businesses spent $2.4B to defend
- Appeals panel: Background check service OK to report woman's 1996 battery guilty plea to landlord
- IL Supreme Court reinstates restraining order on Melrose Park hospital closure; appeals court had thrown it out
- Cook County State's Attorney Foxx joins court fight over fate of Melrose Park hospital
- Hub 51 patron says he was assaulted by staff members who forcibly removed him from restaurant
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.