A Cook County judge has signed off on an order blocking Illinois state regulators from rolling out new disclosure requirements for attorneys and other agents involved in helping property buyers and lenders obtain title insurance. The legal challenge asserts the state overstepped the law, specifically in requiring attorneys to disclose fees earned in title insurance transactions.
- Tinley Park to pay $410K to settle legal storm over handling of low-income housing project plan
- $10M lawsuit: Aurora Health cut real estate firm from buyback deal worth millions; Aurora: No contract breach
- Class action: Amcor Plastics violated IL privacy law by scanning employeee fingerprints
- Ex-Cook Sheriff's deputy loses bid to use Merit Board controversy to boost lawsuit over termination
- Judge: Plaintiffs' lawyers could face sanction for ignoring key precedent in debt collection case
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.