A Chicago federal appeals court has overridden a downstate federal judge, who sent an ex-Boeing worker’s asbestos suit against the company back to state court, saying the case belongs under federal jurisdiction because Boeing claims the federal government was in control of its bomber production and knew the danger of asbestos was involved.
- Worker time clock maker Kronos: 'Mega' class action attempt 'epitome of gamesmanship, disregard for fair process'
- SCOTUS weighs competing briefs in widow's appeal in case vs GSK over suicide of lawyer taking generic Paxil
- Appeals panel: IL can deny concealed-carry permits to citizens of states with less stringent monitoring
- Judge: Evanston's 'actions speak louder than words'; Lack of action dooms pollution suit vs Nicor, ComEd
- Sterigenics shutdown crimps supply of medical devices, as courts mull next steps, procedural motions
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.