Amid a night of historic domination at the polls, Democrats also largely swept once more in the races for judges in Cook County’s courts, flexing their muscle not only in contested races, but also in withdrawing support from a Democratic judge and former prosecutor, who, after being targeted by a coalition of social justice advocates, became the first county judge in nearly three decades to lose his bid for retention to the bench.
- With Democratic lock on IL government, 'new wave' of regulation, enforcement, litigation 'likely': Attorneys
- IL regulators fine title agency PNTN $14M for letting lawyers not registered as agents sell title insurance
- Discrimination lawsuit expanded vs Pritzker campaign, accuses Lt. Gov-elect Stratton of defamation
- Appeals panel: Ameren wrong to fire worker for lawfully having concealed firearm in car at work
- Judge OKs employment discrimination lawsuit, despite plaintiff's failure to list lawsuit on bankruptcy filing
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.