Amid a night of historic domination at the polls, Democrats also largely swept once more in the races for judges in Cook County’s courts, flexing their muscle not only in contested races, but also in withdrawing support from a Democratic judge and former prosecutor, who, after being targeted by a coalition of social justice advocates, became the first county judge in nearly three decades to lose his bid for retention to the bench.
- Celeb lawyer Zellner countersues man who says she mishandled civil rights suit over wrongful murder conviction
- Insurer asks to be excused from funding legal defense for grocer Caputo's Fresh Markets vs BIPA suit
- Ex-GOP state rep candidate: Opponent Corrigan's campaign ads, backed by IL House GOP, defamed her
- Challenge to Chicago Airbnb rules gets new life - if plaintiffs can prove they're allowed to sue
- Lawsuit accuses DNA Finance,others of allegedly falsifying man's signature on mortgage documents
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.