Amid a night of historic domination at the polls, Democrats also largely swept once more in the races for judges in Cook County’s courts, flexing their muscle not only in contested races, but also in withdrawing support from a Democratic judge and former prosecutor, who, after being targeted by a coalition of social justice advocates, became the first county judge in nearly three decades to lose his bid for retention to the bench.
- Billing records FOIA: Del Galdo firm collecting millions in fees from local governments; Del Galdo divorce case sealed
- New law would require landlords in Cook County, possibly elsewhere in IL, to give financial data to tax assessors
- Indictment: Cook County's hired debt collector charged with bribing county officials to secure county contract
- Appeals panel: Cook County Circuit Clerk continuing to charge improper filing fees, despite revised policies
- Judge lifts seal on complaint accusing Presence Health of overcharging Medicare, Medicaid for drugs
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.