Customer alleges plastic in food caused choking incident

By Dan Harkins | Jun 23, 2015

A customer of a Chicago bar and grill is suing the establishment, alleging he choked on a piece of plastic in the food.

Jason Guerrero filed a complaint June 22 in Cook County Circuit Court against Tequila555, doing business as the Blue Agave Tequila Bar & Restaurant 2.

According to the complaint, on Dec. 20, 2014, Guerrero was a customer at Blue Agave Tequila, 555 W. Kinzie St., Chicago, when he ate a meal containing a "foreign body," which caused him to sustain injury. The suit says this foreign piece of plastic lodged in his throat and caused him to choke.

The suit says the defendant failed to properly serve a safe meal, reasonably inspect its food, perform safe culinary practices or follow industry practices. As a result, the lawsuit states, the plaintiff suffered injuries, pain and suffering, medical expense and loss of wages.

Guerrero seeks damages in excess of $50,000, plus costs. He is represented by attorneys Joseph T. Kasiak and Sean P. Hussey of HK Law Group in Orland Park. 

Cook County Circuit Court case number 2015L006353.

More News

The Record Network