Cook County Record

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tenant sues alleging carbon monoxide exposure

By Whitney Brakken | Dec 13, 2013

A woman is suing claiming she was exposed to unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.

Hayley Coffing filed a lawsuit Dec. 6 in the Cook County Circuit Court against Edmund Paszylk, citing negligence and premise liability.

According to the plaintiff, on Oct. 20, she was a tenant of the defendant's at 322 W. Evergreen Ave. in Chicago and was exposed to carbon monoxide, causing her to lose consciousness.

The defendant, the suit alleges, negligently permitted carbon monoxide levels to rise to an unsafe level, failed to install and/or maintain carbon monoxide detectors at the premises in violation of Illinois and Chicago Code and failed to warn the plaintiff of the non-existence of carbon monoxide detectors.

Coffing is seeking damages in excess of the jurisdictional requirements. She is being represented in the case by attorneys Timothy S. Tomasik and Patrick J. Giese of Tomasik Kotin Kasserman LLC.

Cook County Circuit Court Case No. 2013L013855.

This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Cook County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note that a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it represents only one side of the story.

Want to get notified whenever we write about ?

Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

More News