Lake County Circuit Judge Mitchell L. Hoffman's ruling came as a result of one of two lawsuits Madigan filed today over allegations Clerk Willard Helander misinterpreted state election laws on absentee ballots and grace period voting.
In regards to the complaint over grace period voting, Madigan's complaint accused Helander of preventing a resident from registering to vote before 10 a.m. today even though the Election Code says residents can register and vote when the polls are open between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The following polling places, according to Madigan's office, will be open until 9 p.m. for voters to register and vote under Hoffman's order:
- Lake County Clerk’s Office, 18 N. County St., Room 101, Waukegan
- Lake County Central Permitting Facility, 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville
- Gurnee Village Hall, 325 O’Plaine Road, Gurnee
- North Chicago City Hall, 1850 Lewis Ave., North Chicago
- County Clerk Annex, 415 Washington St., Waukegan