CHICAGO — A man is suing landlord S & M Building Management, LLC,, alleging the company's failure to properly inspect the kitchen for gas leaks led to him contracting pneumonia.

Hector Abreu filed a complaint on Aug. 29 in Cook County Circuit Court against the management company alleging that the property owner failed to fix the flex connector of the stove on their property which caused health problems to the plaintiff.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that, in October 2015, he sustained physical injuries including being diagnosed with pneumonia. The plaintiff holds S & M Building Management responsible because the defendant allegedly failed to inspect the property before allowing the plaintiff to move in and make sure that the kitchen stove was free of any gas leak.

The plaintiff seeks judgment against the defendant sufficient to compensate the plaintiff, plus court costs and further relief. He is represented by Lisa M. Ciharan of Law Office of Cy Weiner in Chicago.

Cook County Circuit Court Case number 16L8558

Want to get notified whenever we write about Cook County Circuit Court ?
Next time we write about Cook County Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Cook County Circuit Court

More News