Mother says carbon monoxide leak at school injured children

By Louie Torres | Sep 8, 2016

CHICAGO — A mother of two minor children is suing the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools and the Public Building Commission of Chicago, alleging her children were harmed by carbon monoxide leaking from improperly maintained boilers.

Jennifer Lynn Koshiol, mother of the children, identified as K.F. and A.F., filed a complaint on Aug. 4 in Cook County Circuit Court against the defendants, alleging CPS failed to properly maintain the boilers and boiler vent system on their property.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that in October 2015, K.F. and A.F. suffered severe injuries from an uncontrolled leak of carbon monoxide gas. The plaintiff holds the defendants responsible because they allegedly failed to inspect, monitor and make repairs to the boiler and boiler vent of their premises.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment against the defendants greater than $50,000 plus court costs. She is represented by Donald J. Nolan and Thomas P. Routh of Nolan Law Group in Chicago and Gordon S. Johnson of Johnson Law Office in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Cook County Circuit Court Case number 16L7738

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Chicago Public Schools Nolan Law Group Public Building Commission of Chicago

More News

The Record Network