A Cook County judge has upheld most of a jury’s $53 million medical malpractice verdict awarded to the family of a boy born with cerebral palsy and an intellectual disability, and rejected an attempt by the University of Chicago Medical Center to secure a new trial to reduce or undo most of what is considered the largest malpractice verdict ever awarded in Cook County.
- Jury awards $3.5M to woman who claimed loan servicer mishandled mortgage during, after Chapt 13 bankruptcy
- Bipartisan groups challenge ban on cell phone auto-calls, say restricts free speech
- Man blames Monee tow company, truck stop for fall
- Appeals panel points to legislative privilege in dismissing defamation suit against Lake Forest alderman
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals named in wrongful death lawsuit
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.