Cook County Record

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Man claims his lung cancer was caused by asbestos exposure

By April Bamburg | Aug 20, 2014

A former home remodeler and mechanic is suing dozens of companies, claiming his lung cancer was caused by exposure to asbestos.

Charles Bittle filed suit Aug. 5 in the Cook County Circuit Court against A.W. Chesterton Co., H.B. Fuller Co., Union Carbide Corp. and more than 30 other companies.

According to the complaint, Bittle was employed as a home remodeler and shade tree mechanic at various locations from 1961 until 1990, during which time he was exposed to and inhaled, ingested or otherwise absorbed large amounts of asbestos fibers from products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by the defendants.

Bittle claims he was diagnosed with lung cancer on Feb. 4 as a result of his exposure and that the defendants knew or should have known the asbestos fibers contained in their products were dangerous to people absorbing them.

He is seeking damages, plus costs, and is being represented by attorney Michael T. Egan of Cooney & Conway in Chicago.

Cook County Circuit Court case number 2014L008160.

This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Cook County Circuit Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note that a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it represents only one side of the story.

Want to get notified whenever we write about Cooney & Conway ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Cooney & Conway, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Cooney & Conway

More News