A Chicago couple is suing a heating and cooling company, claiming they suffered from carbon monoxide exposure after gas valves were left open.

Dennis and Gloria Turner filed a lawsuit Sept. 24 in Cook County Circuit Court against Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning Inc., Four Seasons Heating and Cooling, and Four Seasons Home Services.

According to the complaint, the Turners hired the defendant companies to tune up the furnace and boiler, as well as to perform other work, at their residence on North Mason Avenue on Sept. 24, 2012, when the defendants left the gas shutoff and pilot control valves in open positions, allowing carbon monoxide and natural gas to leak into the residence.

The Turners claim the it wasn't until they began to show symptoms of exposure that the dangerous condition was remedied by People Gas Co. and Mid Lakes Distributing.

The couple accuses the defendants of negligence and are represented by attorneys at Pope & Jaburek in Chicago.

Cook County Circuit Court case number: 2014L009996.

This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt and it only represents one side of the story.

More News