CHICAGO — A restaurant patron is suing Fulton Catering Corp., which does business as Carnivale Restaurant, claiming that insufficient measures were taken to prevent injuries to patrons.
Patricia Gargano filed a complaint June 4 in Cook County Circuit Court, alleging the defendants violated the city of Chicago's Municipal Code by serving food that was unfit for human consumption.
According to the complaint, while she was a customer at the defendant's restaurant on Aug. 19, 2017, Gargano allegedly contracted salmonella poisoning.
The plaintiff said she holds Fulton Catering responsible for her illness because it allegedly failed to properly create maintenance and storage procedures for food products to avoid salmonella contamination.
The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks a judgment in an amount greater than $50,000. She is represented by Susan E. Loggans of Susan E. Loggans & Associates, PC in Chicago.
Cook County Circuit Court case number 18-L-005763