Barack Ferrazzano issued the following announcement on Jan. 15.
As we enter 2019, Barack Ferrazzano celebrates another successful year of pro bono partnership with the National Immigrant Justice Center ("NIJC"). Together, the Firm and NIJC represented over a dozen clients in desperate need of legal services, providing free representation that may not be otherwise available. The Firm looks forward to another great year of partnership with NIJC in 2019.
Highlights from 2018 include:
- DACA Clinic Results in Renewal Approvals of DREAMersBarack Ferrazzano attorneys and paralegals volunteered onsite to represent nearly a dozen DREAMers who were seeking to renew their DACA status. Thanks to their work, those young immigrants are eligible to renew their work authorization and further their educations.
- Asylum Victories - Barack Ferrazzano trial teams won asylum for multiple detained asylum seekers, securing their legal status and their release from immigration jail, including for:
- A Venezuelan pre-law student who fled after being shot, threatened and physically attacked by her government after leading student protests.
- A young Jehovah's Witness who fled Cuba due to religious and political persecution.
- A political activist from Zimbabwe who was targeted, threatened and tortured for his peaceful campaigning for free and fair elections.
- Matching Donations to Reunite Families on #GivingTuesday
Barack Ferrazzano matched donations to NIJC for #GivingTuesday, helping NIJC raise over $50,000 in one day to be used to reunite families and help newly arriving families access their rights.