A former outfielder for the New York Yankees, whose career was threatened by a season-ending knee injury after one inning at Chicago's Guaranteed Rate Field, can continue his negligence action against the Chicago White Sox in Cook County court after a Chicago federal judge ruled federal court was not the correct venue to hear the case.
- Worker time clock maker Kronos: 'Mega' class action attempt 'epitome of gamesmanship, disregard for fair process'
- SCOTUS weighs competing briefs in widow's appeal in case vs GSK over suicide of lawyer taking generic Paxil
- Judge: Evanston's 'actions speak louder than words'; Lack of action dooms pollution suit vs Nicor, ComEd
- 'Fair Workweek' laws coming soon to Illinois. Employers should take note
- Sterigenics shutdown crimps supply of medical devices, as courts mull next steps, procedural motions
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Cook County Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.